What We Offer: Getting Started
Who do we serve?
Members and attendees are from a wide range of disciplines, professions, experiences, age groups and compensation levels. They may be recent graduates, women returning to the work force or those seeking to further their careers. Most are unemployed professionals affected by downsizing, mergers, company closings and relocations. Members’ specialties vary dramatically and include sales, customer services, marketing, advertising, technology, banking, financial services, finance, accounting, administrative services, real estate and general management.
View job categories graph
Since its inception 26 years ago, CRC has served over 12,000 job seekers.
- 64% of clients reside in Lake County
- 33% reside in Cook County
- 3% reside in surrounding counties, including southern Wisconsin.
- 50% are women and 50% are men.
- 59% of our members are over 50 years of age.
Members have access to an unlimited number of individualized advisory sessions (not more than once a week) plus the following services and resources:
- Advisor Sessions: private, confidential, one-hour sessions
- Educational Programs: featuring professional experts in their fields
- Networking Sessions: facilitated by outside professionals
- Resumes: individualized review and critique
- Interview Preparation: coaching and critique of mock interview
- Job Search Roundtable: facilitated, small group strategy sessions
- 1-on-1 tutoring in MS Office applications
- Wi-Fi access along with 5 station lab and three workstations with laptop hook-ups.
- Reference Library: A wealth of employment directories, guides, newspapers, and references.
- Employer database: ReferenceUSA™, a premier reference tool offering access to a proprietary database of 24 million U.S. businesses.
- CRC Linkedin group: Members can join CRC’s professional networking group to engage in dialog regarding their job search, network, gather information, and receive job postings.
- Professional workspace: Members can conduct their job campaigns from CRC offices with access to workspace, computers, software, printers, telephones, a fax, photocopier, and paper.
- Referrals to other resources
Non-members may attend specifically identified programs for a fee of $20 each. All networking sessions are free and open to the public.
Simply complete the registration form, then print and mail or deliver to CRC with your payment.
For a modest fee ($200), job seekers can join a positive group of like-minded individuals to network, enhance their skills and knowledge, and develop an effective articulation of their attributes to bring to the employer.
CRC is able to offer an enormous value for a very affordable fee because of the generosity of our volunteers who donate their time and donors who help defray the cost of delivering services.
Stop in for a tour
during regular office hours.
M-W-Th: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Friday: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm