What We Offer: Getting Started
Who do we serve?
Members and attendees are from a wide range of disciplines, professions, experiences, age groups and compensation levels. They may be recent graduates, women returning to the work force or those seeking to further their careers. Most are unemployed professionals affected by downsizing, mergers, company closings and relocations. Members’ specialties vary dramatically and include sales, customer services, marketing, advertising, technology, banking, financial services, finance, accounting, administrative services, real estate and general management.
View job categories graph
1010 candidates (790 members plus over 220 other attendees) from 86 different communities, utilized the services of CRC during a twelve month period in 2011-2012.
Since its inception 23 years ago, CRC has served more than 11,500 job seekers.
- 66% of clients reside in Lake County
- 30% reside in Cook County
- 4% reside in surrounding counties, including southern Wisconsin.
- 58% are men, and 42% are women.
Members have access to an unlimited number of individualized advisory sessions (not more than once a week) plus the following services and resources:
- Advisor Sessions: private, confidential, one-hour sessions
- Educational Programs: featuring professional experts in their fields
- Networking Sessions: facilitated by outside professionals
- Individualized Internet Job Search Assistance
- Resumes: individualized review and critique
- Interview Preparation: coaching and critique of mock interview
- Job Search Roundtable: facilitated, small group strategy sessions
- Software Training: small group classes in Microsoft Office applications ($15 fee)
- Reference Library: a wealth of re-employment print media
- Reference USA™: database of 14 million U.S. businesses
- Computer Lab: 8 station lab with internet and current MS Office software
- Workstations: 3 semi-private spaces with laptop hook-up and phone
- Office Services: access to printer, telephones, fax, and photocopier
Non-members may attend specifically identified programs for a fee of $10 each. All networking sessions are free and open to the public.
Simply complete the registration form, and mail or deliver to CRC with your payment.
For a modest fee ($145), job seekers can join a positive group of like-minded individuals to network, enhance their skills and knowledge, and develop an effective articulation of their attributes to bring to the employer.
CRC is able to offer an enormous value for a very affordable fee because of the generosity of our volunteers who donate their time and donors who help defray the cost of delivering services.